Wednesday, June 15, 2011

June 15, 2011--poppy hitchhiker


This looks like a bad version of yesterday's arrangement, but actually, the only thing they have in common is the blue ageratum. Now that I've seen this photo, I'd tweak this in lots of ways, but what exists in current photo is mixture of money plant seed pods (I love the light coming through them), lilac seed structures (they're a beautiful bright green right now), blue ageratum, and a curly wisteria vine I picked several weeks ago (and have used in half a dozen arrangements since). As I looked through my camera lens, I also discovered there is a single poppy pod in this conglomeration, and I'm not sure how it got there! I've been harvesting poppy pods all day to dry, but, honestly, I had no idea one had snuck into this jug until I saw it there through camera lens.  I'm guessing it was in my hand (a leftover from previous harvesting) as I cut the lilac seed structures and entered the jug with them.

P.S. Notice the window is open. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment