Monday, June 6, 2011

June 5/6--Array

This is just too weird. First, here's a photo of the array of flowers I carried back to Ashland with me on Sunday. My intention was to make at least three arrangements from these for others, but I used some of the snaps in my own windowsill arrangement.


Below is my windowsill arrangement, which includes not only all the flowers I used in June 5, Buckingham, windowsill arrangement (all those flowers were jammed into right side of this crock) but also selected flowers from yellow buckets of flowers. It's really quite pretty, and I just love the colors of the snapdragons (which are a pain to grow in Virginia), but in photo it just seems complicated (esp. compared to June 1 simple collection of roses). Is this because photos lie or because I'm seduced by complexity?



Coreopsis (to left) provides the yellow that California poppies provided in June 5 arrangement. The blue is Blue Horizon ageratum, an annual that makes a great cut flower.  For some reason, orange butterfly weed looks red in this photo. And orange snapdragons doesn't look half as dramatic as it does in real life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment