Saturday, June 4, 2011

June 4, 2011--Larkspur

Spent most of the day pulling out larkspur so I'd have free beds for planting summer annuals. Big job, because larkspur not only seeded into lots of beds but into almost all paths, and I let it grow until it bloomed. Now is time to cut it and hang it upside down to dry. Took most to the barn, where, as usual, I got stung by wasps as I pulled down old dried material and tightened ropes to hold new bunches. Hand still smarting from one sting. I hate that part of the job. More pleasant: bringing a couple of bunches of larkspur inside and hanging them from curtain rod. It's a temporary location for them---they, too, need to go to the barn---but I'm enjoying looking at them now. I think this should count as a "windowsill arrangement."

No comments:

Post a Comment