Sunday, October 2, 2011

Oct. 2, 2011

This is a funny little conglomeration made up entirely of leftovers from an arranging workshop 10 days ago. All of the materials, including caladium leaves, tiny hardy begonia flower, and sedum flowers (which you can hardly see behind the caladium leaves) came from an arrangement Sue Tolson did. I scavenged some of the materials that were about to be discarded. Obviously, sedum, caladium leaves, and hardy begonia have a long vase life! The "flag" rising from all this is a an alder twig from which all the leaves have been removed and only the uppermost catkins remain. This is something I had used earlier in an arrangement of my own after Ellen Hardy had pointed the alder catkins out to me. This is the kind of thing I LOVE to put in windowsill arrangements, because it helps fix natural phenomena in your mind. Most catkins form in the spring, but, obviously, alder catkins are lengthening even in the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment