Wednesday, October 26, 2011

October 26. 2011--pansies

Today's bad news is that I broke the little crystal vase I had my violets in yesterday (trying to shift it too fast from one spot on the windowsill to another, it fell into the hard sink). Boo hoo. I'm going to miss that.

So I started fresh today with pansies straight from the flat that I bought myself yesterday. A psychologist would have a field day with the ways I convinced myself that each of three new varieties would make me happy, happy, happy. Anyway, this bronzy one is one I loved and it is incredibly fragrant. I've combined it here with some scented geranium leaves, so the whole shebang is an olfactory extravaganza. When I looked at this, the phrase that came to mind was "Hello, I've come to tea," which I think is one of those phrases some birds seem to say, but today, the pansies, with their bright faces, seemed to be saying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment