Saturday, October 1, 2011

Oct. 1, 2011--pokeweed candles

The  "candles" in this arrangement are pokeweed stems--two in each green cylinder. Love those magenta stems! The cylinders are Bravo containers for hand-tied bridal bouquets. They have green floral foam inside, and make great little containers for windowsills, if you can find them. My wholesale floral supply shop doesn't carry them any more. I spray-paited dozens of them green months ago and even soaked them for a workshop. These four were leftover and I was saving them in a plastic bag in the refrigerator until I rediscovered them this weekend.  The yellow-green leaves are from a slow-growing ornamental holly that I think is called Butterfly, and I don't allow myself to cut on it very much. These little snippets are about as much as the tree, small as it still is, can give up willingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment