Thursday, October 6, 2011

October 6, 2010--- American wisteria foliage

Yesterday, as I was pulling  wisteria vines out of an American holly, this piece broke off. It's really a beautiful piece of plant material, as American wisteria stems typically are.  With smaller foliage and a bit different leaf posture than Asian wisteria, American wisteria vines are MUCH the more useful vines in arrangements, but climbing in a holly tree, American wisteria can be almost as much of a problem as Asian wisteria. Anyway, I liked the way it poured out of its bottle.  In second photo, I tried to jazz it up by bringing some nasturtiums over from another windowsill, but I actually prefer the wisteria by itself.




I have GOT to stop arranging flowers and paint this windowsill!

No comments:

Post a Comment