Saturday, October 29, 2011

October 29--better

Yesterday I couldn't seem to bet my climbing spinach vines to work for me, but today I could. I like these two little arrangements much better than those I worked on yesterday. And, in the second photo, I think the camellia and rose blossoms work well together (which they refused to do yesterday).  The second arrangement also has a little piece of celosia and a hellebore leaf in it.




There is one thing puzzling me about these spinach vines. I have some growing up stakes in pots on the front porch and some growing up stakes in pots in the backyard.  The plants in the backyard have purpler stems. and bigger, often rosier leaves than the vines on the front porch and I don't think it's a matter of exposure. They look like two different kinds of climbing spinach, which is possible given how confused my seed orders sometimes are.  I want to save seeds from both to see what I get next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment