Monday, November 14, 2011

November 14, 2011--oak leaves

These are straight from my walk this morning--red oak leaves that were postively firey with morning light behind them. Recently heard a good way to help people tell the difference between red oak and white oak leaves: red oak leaves are bristle-tipped (like the arrows red men shot) and white oak leaves have rounded tips (like the bullets white men shot). I fear there is a racial slur in there somewhere (is it offensive to American Indians to be referred to as red men?). If so, someone please tell me before I repeat this again!


Couldn't stop. Added a gourd and a winter squash to the windowsill.



The colors of these leaves--all from the same tree--really are extraordinary.


1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to get back out to my country place and figure out just what kind of oaks those are gracing my land. Thanks once again Nancy!

    ReplyDelete