Wednesday, May 2, 2012

May 2, 2012 -- companions

I'm still sort of fixated on that one 'Cinco de Mayo' rose, now not just because of its "mysterious" color but because I've found a piece of greenery it looks wonderful with--columbine foliage. This little snippet of greenery is something I picked up in my sink and threw into bottle with that one "Cinco de Mayo' rose I picked yesterday.
The color isn't as accurate, but here's another photo of that rose.
Here's another almost accidental combination I like--a single peony flower with some white pine foliage. This particular twig is one I picked months ago and it's looking a little weary, but still pretty.
And here's the truth: it was hot today in Virginia, and flowers, including my 'Cinco de Mayo rose,' were wilting on the windowsill.
Included in this array are some tulip poplar flowers I found lying on the ground under that tree this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment