Sunday, May 27, 2012

May 27, 2012 -- poppy pods and more cactus blooms

This is a combination of blue-green poppy pods, a white Korean bellflower, and a couple of  blue-green hosta leaves. The poppy pods and bellflower don't really work very well together, because the poppy pods are stiff and upright,  the bellflowers graceful and droopy.



I'm not sure I didn't like the poppy pods better before I "arranged" them--when they were just sitting alone in a  plastic pitcher.





And here's an update on the cactus I put on the windowsill yesterday (with no vase, no water). The bloom I photographed yesterday  died overnight but two new flowers bloomed today. The prickly pear cactus is one indestructable plant. It's actually native to Virginia, and I used to like it (especially where it blooms in rock crevaces outside Columbia, Virginia), but now I can't get rid of it. And it's nearly impossible to handle. I used heavy gloves to bring this one inside, and my hands are still smarting from prickles that reached my hands anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment