Tuesday, May 8, 2012

May 8, 2012 -- lucious colors

I picked these flowers today because I have a faint hope they might last until May 19 in the refrigerator. (May 19 I'm doing flowers for a wedding.) And I tossed them into this plastic cup just because it was the right size and shape to hold them. I just love all these colors together. At around 2:00 and 12:00 (if you think of the mass of flowers as a clockface) is blue love-in-a-mist. At around 3:00 is a pale yellow iris, and at around 4:00 (where you can't really even see them) are some tiny Austrian winter peas (with pale lavender wings and dark purple keels). Everything else is snapdragons (shades of pink, apricot, orange). There is a pea tendril crossing the middle of all this that I probably should have snipped off.
Oh, and there's some red clover in here, too.

1 comment: