Friday, May 13, 2011

May 13, 2011

The luna moth was gone this morning, of course.

I spent all day gardening and then cleaning at Flower Camp. Below is a very bad photo of some very beautiful stuff. Every bit of it is plant material that I accidentally broke off or mishandled in some way while gardening today. Foliage is from clary sage, blooms to left come from yellow and pink snapdragons (I picked those because they were being overtopped by rampant Dame's Rocket), yellow California poppy (I don't have many of those, and I groaned when I snapped on off while weeding), pale blue Amsonia (that was lying on the ground begging to be clipped), stinking hellebore (cluster of green blooms-heading-toward-seed-pods, broke off when moving the plant), and two huge orange, bearded iris blossoms. They broke off while I was pulling vetch, and I was dismayed to see them on the ground. Thank goodness for these little vases I could drop them into for a moment of recognition for all the work they'd gone to to produce their magnificent blooms. I'll see what I can do with this stuff tomorrow. Today, it's a miracle I'm just getting this posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment