Sunday, May 22, 2011

May 22, 2011

Well, today I didn't need to create a windowsill arrangement. For one thing, the lily bloomed in the broken gourd arrangement I created on May 15. And for another, I "lent" my cabin to Beckey Watson, who created a windowsill arrangement there. The first photo shows the lily blooming in broken gourd. The only thing I've done to it since May 15 (see that day's entry) is to line the gourd neck with a metal cigar holder. The gourd seemed to be losing water (evaporating out the sides, not leaking out the bottom), and I didn't want it to ever go dry altogether (for the lily stem).  Second photo is of Beckey's arrangement, which I love because it is SO seasonal. Included in it are honeysuckle, love-in-a-mist, butterfly weed, and coreopsis.


No comments:

Post a Comment